Roman Iron Making
St Lawrence Church
Brick Yard & Pottery
Taynton Metal Detecting Club
WWII US Army Camp
Three Battalions of The US Army Corps of Engineers were stationed at Highnam, Gloucestershire in 1944 to do their final training. They comprised the 51st; 291st and the 296th Engineer Combat Battalions. In June 1944 they were posted to France and landed on Omaha Beach. They then fought their way through France, Belgium and Germany. Their priority tasks were to clear mines, build bridges and maintain roads.
See the WWII US finds page for club finds from the camp at Highnam.
Thanks to research by David Thomas